Monday, November 23, 2009

Note To Guests On Wedding Program How To Word A Thank You Note For A Wedding Gift From Uninvited Coworker?

How to word a thank you note for a wedding gift from uninvited coworker? - note to guests on wedding program

I work in a veterinary office small (~ 30 employees). At my wedding, the guest list very small, mostly family and close friends was (only 3 Members were invited). I have donations of 2 colleagues that I will not be invited to the wedding. I know it was very nice of them to give them gifts, but I feel uncomfortable receiving it, because I hadnt invited. Suggestions as to how should respect the letter of thanks?

1 comments:

Aster said...

Just be honest and not talk of marriage or because they are not invited. Perhaps something like this:

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the beautiful crystal vase. He was very generous with me on my special day. I will never forget this gesture of kindness, and enjoy this wonderful addition to my collection of Waterford.

Indeed,

Mr. and Mrs. ________

I think most people understand that not everyone can afford or wants a big wedding. These people seem to understand. Grumble if they do not send a gift. Sounds like they wanted to submit only their best wishes.

Do not worry. I fled and no one knew that I was busy! Still got literally hundreds of gifts, most people knew of my husband's family. I have to thank the people who do not even know!

Post a Comment